Barry E. Schapiro, M.D.
Dr. Schapiro utilizes advanced cartilage and joint preserving techniques and minimally invasive procedures to get men and women back to the active lifestyle hat they enjoy. He has extensive training in orthopaedic traumatology and management of extremity trauma and fractures as well as additional training in cartilage preserving procedures such as platelet rich plasma gel techniques and harvesting of adult autologous stem cells to treat a multitude of orthopaedic conditions.
Double board certified
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine (CAQ)
- Henry Ford Health Systems, Detroit, MI
- MD, University of Miami
- BS, University of Florida
Arthroscopic knee, shoulder, hip, ankle & wrist surgery Complex ligament reconstruction and total knee, total hip,
and total shoulder replacement surgery